AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Similar Audience Invalid Clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm seeing an odd trend in my account that I'm hoping someone can help with. We just launched a similar audiences display-retargeting campaign last month for anyone who visited our site within the past 120 days, and now looking back on the month I'm seeing a HUGE number of invalid clicks coming from the campaign.  Overall conversion metrics aren't terrible, but 4 out of 5 of our clicks from this campaign were deemed invalid, so of course now I'm questioning the validity of the remaining clicks.

I brought the question to our reps who can't share any info, so I'm taking this to the community to see if any answers exist. Has anyone else seen issues like this with Similar Audience targeting? is there any way to find out where these clicks came from or how to prevent them?

Thanks in Advance!

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Similar Audience Invalid Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew M;

By "invalid clicks", you mean invalid clicks verified by Google, and credited back into the account? Or invalid clicks identified / recognized by you?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTLV, I mean as credited by Google in the Invalid Clicks column of the interface. When I say "4 out of 5 clicks", I'm referring to a 4:1 ratio of Invalid Clicks to Clicks when you put the two columns side-by-side.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... If Google verified, then there is no question those were invalid;

Google has various techniques to identify invalid clicks and to filter them out, but as the Rep said, Google does not disclose any info about the methods /techniques it uses.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’