AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Showing Referral traffic instead of Display campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am facing a problem. I am getting visitors from the source of googleads.g.doubleclick.net which I am sure is coming from my display campaign. Can anyone help me out with this?

referral.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Showing Referral traffic instead of Display campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

These are the clicks coming from users clicked on "doubleclick" AdExchange.

You are correct; the source of the traffic is from a display network (though, not necessarily GDN)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. There is nothing showing from Display but I am running ad campaigns on Google.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have also seen this. In some accounts clicks from remarketing campaigns that use analytics audiences (when the code uses doubleclick.net) are seen as referral sessions in analytics. Check the click volume in your remarketing campaign to see if it matches the sessions numbers for the doubleclick referral.

I do not have a fix for it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian, I did not run any remarketing campaign yet. Only running the display campaigns. Don't know how to fix it.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kaisar,

It could be an audience as targeting in a display network. Check the audience tab for all ad groups in that campaign.

Also check if your analytics account is "universal" yet the code on the page is clasic analytics . Use the Tag Assistant the Chrome plugin to check the installed analytics version.