AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Should remarketing tag be placed on thank you page also?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am intending to start remarketing campaign for my client. The remarketing tag needs to be placed across the website. Should it also be placed on the "thank you" page.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should remarketing tag be placed on thank you page also?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, later you might want to setup remarketing just for users who converted, to show them a new offer, and this is done by setting up a rule " All visits to URL = thank you page".

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Naushin,

Yes, You need to insert the Remarketing code into the entire website URL.
Because if you want to run Remarketing campaigns you don't want to show the ads of the users who has already converted(Come to your TY page). So you can exclude if you the Remarketing is added in your TY page and Remarketing list has been created.

Or, you can target the TY Page audience if you are running the E Commerce portal with different Product Creatives (Product Recommendation Campaigns).

So its better to Add the Remarketing to TY page.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As Rakesh suggests yuou should add remarketing code to every page on your site.

This then give you the option to generate remarketing lists based on which pages your visitors got to in their previous visit(s)

Suppose you have a sales process... someone who got to the third page in the process but didn't complete the checkout is a better prospect than someone who bounced off the landing page - and you could develop a campaign directed only at the "cart abandoners"...

The notion of not advertising to those visitors who completed your goal - a sign up , a purchase, etc - makes total sense - if they converted and you have their email address then you have any number of "free" ways to market to them - so why spend your AdWords budget on them.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@stickleback " you have any number of "free" ways to market to them - so why spend your AdWords budget on them."

Isn't this what Dynamic Remarketing does, it targets also previous buyers ?

http://www.google.com/think/products/dynamic-remarketing-for-retail.html

"ads that connect with shoppers by reminding them of items they've seen or bought in the past on your site and suggesting other products they might like." 

I can think at one useful application : when they unsubscribe from newsletters and you still want to up-sell to them. I have seen in practice how companies send me vouchers just to sign-up again to their newsletter.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I would never target previous buyers with a "one size fits all" campaign targeting previous site visitors. People who have bought can be reached through much more effective avenues and can be treated very differently.

I might set up a campaign specifically targeted at this group and no-one else, but I'd have to question why I would pay for a click from them when I can send them a promotion through email, for example, for free....

If you are not actively communicating with your existing customers then you are missing a massive opportunity - there are so many things you can do to upsell and increase loyalty, referrals, etc. etc. But running an AdWords campaign to them? I don't really see that as an effective method.

I'd be keen to hear other's opinions and experiences on this one.

In your example - where companies send you vouchers to sign up to their newsletter - I doubt that they do this via an AdWords ad.....

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes they used AdWords, they displayed a discount coupon of -5% for the next purchase "specially for you" . This was their bait. I just needed to make a note of the 4 letter voucher and use it in a purchase form next time.

I think I have seen how booking.com does this too with discounts for hotels and presenting emergency messages like "last 2 rooms", just because I bought from that hotel last year.

About "but I'd have to question why I would pay for a click from them when I can send them a promotion through email," .I just said that people can unsubscribe from all emails from a store.

I think it is the same situation when you look at the Search Funnel and you see how a conversion takes place in more than 2 steps. People take decisions slowly while researching, the more you influence them, the more chances you have to trigger the next buy , this is why it makes sense to me to remarket to previous buyers.

Some more ideas that I had :

For example you build a list of buyers with a remarketing custom list for people who purchased a lot at Christmas, you can remarket to them in April for the Easter shopping days.

Behind a browser there can be more than 1 people . Maybe today you have influenced 1 person who used that computer and tomorrow you influence the other. Their contact data is different.

I hope Naushin and all of you find these ideas useful. I don't want to make the topic too long,so i'll stop replying here.