Shopping campaigns not tracking in GA
This started when we switched from PLA campaigns to Google Shopping campaigns. There's major descrepancy in how user data is tracked in GA vs Adwords.
Basically 2 problems here.
First, in GA, under Acquisition -> Adwords, our shopping campaign doesn't show up at all. It shows up under Acquisition -> Channels -> Other -> AdWords. I have no idea how or why it is in this location, but there's got to be something we did to cause this traffic to be categorized as other, under the tag AdWords. I checked the url parameters, and it isn't being set directly in our product feed.
Second problem, which may be a side-effect of the first, is that GA does show the clicks for the shopping campaign, but none of the conversion data makes it back to adwords. Conversion data is available in GA under the same : Acquisition -> Channels -> Other -> AdWords. It also correctly tracks in Conversions -> GOals and Ecommerce but again, isn't being attributed to actual adwords.
Does anyone knows where we screwed this up and added the AdWords tag to our product feed or shopping campaign. I have looked in Adwords, GA, and Merchant Center (Google Base) and can't find where we would have added this setting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're flying a bit blind since switching.
Re: Shopping campaigns not tracking in GA[ Edited ]
October 2014 - last edited October 2014
1. check that both auto-tagging and manual-tagging are not being used together.
2. check for any tag (script) conflicts or issues.
3. check the website for any dropped parameters.
4. check for any redirects.
5. check that all tag and conversion code is accurate and up-to-date.
6. check the data-feed for any updates that might be needed --
for example, link parameters or (legacy adwords) attributes.
7. check that the conversions are not filtered as invalid (in adwords).
8. check that the accounts are properly linked.
generally, analytics simply inspects the tag results to separate the traffic --
if the details are being separated unexpectedly or improperly then usually
either the tag details or the separation/filtering have changed in some way.
other possibilities include asking over at the analytics help-forum
or having an adwords specialist look into the website and accounts.
[ edited to number the checklist ]
Re: Shopping campaigns not tracking in GA