AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing report as view only but recipients can actually Edit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have just encountered a couple of worrying oddities when sharing reports...

-I have shared reports as view only with my recipients. However, they can edit ! I have tested this a few times to different e-mail addresses and they can edit...

-Also, I have shared with recipients and then removed them from the list of recipients, but they can still access the report and even edit the report using the original link they received. If I remove them they should be getting a message saying you no longer have access to this report or something similar, should they not?

-Finally, if I choose to share reports with specified individuals as opposed to creating a shareable link, nothing stops these recipients from fw the e-mail to others and nothing stops them to view the reports, right?

Thanks

Penelope

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Penelope B,

Is this with AdWords reports or Analytics reports or Data Studio or ?

What method are you using to share the reports? Are you doing so with your Google Drive or?

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Many Thanks for your reply. It was with Data Studio reports.

All issues/questions solved.

I shared these reports with some of my other e-mail addresses thinking this would be a good way to test how the reports would be rendered for other recipients as I wanted to avoid sharing the reports with other recipients for data confidentiality reasons. I used my mobile device to view the reports as I thought I was not logged into the gmail account I used to create the reports. I am not sure why yet but by default even if I open the links from an inbox that is not Gmail, I get recognised as the dashboard creator and therefore I can edit etc....

I tested test reports with other recipients since then and fortunately things worked: they can't edit and if I forward them a report where only specified people can look at it, they can't view it.

One thing that is odd though is that even if I specify the level of access to view only when I share with them a report link, they can still share the report if they want to...

Thanks

Penelope