AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Shall I hide PPC pages from search engines?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

When I am building a landing page for the PPC campaigns, the system gives me the option to hide the pages from the search engines. Is this a good option to have activate? If so, why?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Ana O,

There are both merits and demerits of using "No follow/ robots.txt" with the dedicated PPC landing page.

I would like to ask:

Your goal?

Is it offering same product/service as your website page?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Make sure that you do not block Googleadsbot. The landing page must be accessible to this bot;

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1061943?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

The goal of the campaign is to get people to fill our contact forms, to generate leads.

We sell the same services as on the website.

Thanks you!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ana O
June

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi,

If you don't want someone to find and click on the PPC dedicated page through search(organically) and if the same page from website is already ranking organically but you don't want to replace that with the PPC dedicated page(as organic source) then you should hide the page otherwise you can make it indexed.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’