AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Several domain in one google adword account how to track conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community,

For the moment I have a single domain in my Adwords for one country. Swiss market and domain with .ch. Now we are extending to another country - France and we will launch a separate domain with .fr for another country.

My question is should I use the same Google Adword account for this or not? If I use the same, how can I track conversions? Will they mix-up? I do not want to use a custom made column conversions because it does not show a statistic on a keyword level. Is there any possibility to see the conversions separately for 2 domains or the only way to make it is to create a separate account?

Kind Regards
Natalia

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Наталья С
July 2016

Re: Several domain in one google adword account how to track conversions

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

>>> there is no way that my conversions will mix-up? <<<

Sit back Natalia and relax, they will not mix up...Smiley Happy

>>> analytics .... is there a possibility to split them? <<<

Within your GA application you will be able to create multiple accounts: create one for .fr and another one for .ch. The metrics will be kept segmented by campaign.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have realised that I did not specify the issue correctly. I would like to see my conversions in the reports. So, if I build a report number of conversions per month or cost per conversion per month, will I be able to sort them by domain name?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nataly,

My working assumption is that the client is the same, but now you want to also target an additional country using a different domain name. If this is the case there is no need for another AdWords account. The simplest way for you to go is to create a new campaign for the new country - in your existing account. Reports will segment the metrics you mentioned by campaigns and also by ad groups, ads or keywords if you wish.

If the clients are different, create different accounts for them for reasons associated with payments, rather than reporting.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for your reply. It is my account, so, no concern for the payments.

So, if I create a separate campaign, there is no way that my conversions will mix-up?

Ok, now a technical question. I will submit the second domain to analytics. After I will import goals to my Adword account. So, I will have a goal set for my .ch website and a goal set for my .fr website.
Now I will go to the section "reports" in Adwords and build a report "cost per conversion per month" or "cost and conversions per month". I guess, here it will show common conversions for both goal sets (.fr and .ch) or is there a possibility to split them?

Regards
Natalia
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Наталья С
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

>>> there is no way that my conversions will mix-up? <<<

Sit back Natalia and relax, they will not mix up...Smiley Happy

>>> analytics .... is there a possibility to split them? <<<

Within your GA application you will be able to create multiple accounts: create one for .fr and another one for .ch. The metrics will be kept segmented by campaign.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your solution!))

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You are welcomeSmiley Happy