AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up remarketing Tag Using GTM

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working on a remarketing for one of my Google Adwords account (Rental Campaign)

The Website URL is www.holtcat.com 

My question is how to use GTM in implementing the remarketing tag? I have all the remarketing set up in Adwords including creating a remarketing list but it seems it is not working unless I put the remarketing tag on my homepage. I wanted to use GTM instead of directly pasting the remarketing tag on my site. Do you have any step by step guide on how this will work? I tried it on GTM remarketing Adwords but it does not fire and error occured (An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_ABORTED).

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely

JEVAN

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevan D
September 2015

Re: Setting up remarketing Tag Using GTM

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jevan
The problem is that your container is either empty or unpublished. After you add your tag in GTM, you need to publish it to set it "live".

You can find more info on this process here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107163

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jevan D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jevan
The problem is that your container is either empty or unpublished. After you add your tag in GTM, you need to publish it to set it "live".

You can find more info on this process here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107163

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks davis, I just now noticed that my web dev put wrong GTM container code. thanks for the answer.