AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up goals for a shopping cart transaction that posts as an Sku in the e-commerce section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just took and passed the Shopping Certification test -- but have never set up or managed a shopping campaign. A friend asked me this question and it has me scratching my head. I have searched the documentation, and cannot find an answer.

How do I set up goals for a shopping cart transaction that posts as an Sku in the e-commerce section?

Is this really an Analytics question? I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up goals for a shopping cart transaction that posts as an Sku in the e-commerce section?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jeff M,

If transactions are always the same product and quantity and a full thank you page is served, a goal would be sufficient. Just set the thank you page as the goal and set the value.

That's rarely the case. I have successfully imported eCommerce transactions as AW conversions in the past, but for some reason it isn't working now. A Google guy told me it's not reliable. That was disappointing to hear as I've been importing transactions for a few years. The other way would be to install the AW conversion script on your thank you page, and fill in the actual value of the sale from you shopping cart software. You should still be able to track paid vs. organic transactions through Analytics.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Setting up goals for a shopping cart transaction that posts as an Sku in the e-commerce section?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply Pete -- I will run this info by my friend today to see if he has any additional thoughts. Appreciate your reply!

Jeff