AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up RLSA campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Yesterday , I have started using this RLSA feature in our adwords campaign. What I have done  is added "search remarketing list" to the existing adgroup. Is this correct way to do it?

I have read many articles & adwords threads, I have few queries to ask.

1. Is it better to create separate camapign/adgroup for "search remarketing"?

2. Lets consider this scenario, I have two ad groups with same keyword sets. One adgroup with only keywords and another adgroup with same set of keywords & search remarketing list. Will there be a clash between these two ad groups since we are using same keywords.

3. If clash will be there, how to handle that? I read it on some threads saying add remarketing list as negative list. What does it mean? 

Looking forward for answers.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhivya M
September 2015

Re: Setting up RLSA campaign

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Dhivya M,

1. No reason to do so. You are not going to change the functionality of your ad group anyhow. You will just get option adjusting the bids for an audience specified by your remarketing list - But you must set Bid only option. If you set target and bid option, then the both keywords and your audiencies must match.
  2. Yes, you will have duplicated keywords. No reason to create duplicated ad groups/campaigns/keywords to get your RLSA going. Just add it to your existing ads.
  3. See 1.,2.

If you really need to set Target and Bid, so you only target people who are searching for keywords from your ad group AND belong to one of your audience list. Then you might find audience exclusion important.
Then I really recommend to create two ad groups with the same keywords -one of your ad group with RLSA with setting Target and Bid and the other one without these audiencies, but you have to exlude them in this ad group, so the keywords do not compete with each other.

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply,

The re marketing list which I have added to my ad group is "custom combination list" . I read it in some articles, custom combination list is not compatible in adwords interface for RLSA campaign. Is that true?

Thanks,
B.Dhivya

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Glad I could help.

This was something I wasn't that sure about, but I googled a bit and I found out you can use Custom

Combination List, but only based on following lists:

• Visitors of a page (if based on rules about the URLs visited)
  • Visitors of a page with a specific tag

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alex, Still I need clear information on custom combination list for RLSA campaign. Is there anyone could help me with this query?

Dhivya.

Setting up RLSA campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I, also, have the same question:

Can I use in an RSLA campaign custom combination lists ?

And, if yes, the following limitations apply ?

Combination List, but only based on following lists:

• Visitors of a page (if based on rules about the URLs visited)
  • Visitors of a page with a specific tag

I ask because I have created some custom combination lists that include :

- each of these audiences (AND)

- any of these audiences (OR)

Thank you in advance for your time

Setting up RLSA campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alex & Dhivya,

Those were exactly my queries and Alex thanks for clarifying my doubts too.