AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting conversions for specific campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have multiple campaigns with different conversions.  I want to be able to set a specific conversion at the campaign level.  Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Devin P,

Negative, it is not, because conversions are currently set at the account level, i.e. their scopes cover all of your campaigns. Here is a sort of tedious workaround: Specify a conversion action for each of your campaigns under the Tools tab / Conversions and name them after the campaigns. When you are viewing performance reports, be advised to click Segment / Conversions / Conversion name so as to make sure you are only considering the right conversion actions and they are not confused.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Devin P,

Negative, it is not, because conversions are currently set at the account level, i.e. their scopes cover all of your campaigns. Here is a sort of tedious workaround: Specify a conversion action for each of your campaigns under the Tools tab / Conversions and name them after the campaigns. When you are viewing performance reports, be advised to click Segment / Conversions / Conversion name so as to make sure you are only considering the right conversion actions and they are not confused.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Lakatos

I think you tagged the wrong Devin P... ?

@Devin P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To make sure I understand your response, though, @Lakatos, this only really solves the problem of conversion TRACKING, but doesn't solve the problem of conversion OPTIMIZATION, correct?

In other words, your workaround described above will allow me to view the conversion performance of only the conversions I care about, but it doesn't allow me to actually specify that Google optimize for only certain conversions on certain campaigns. Correct?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As Eileen R said below I think @Lakatos may be mistaken and this won't affect the conversion strategy. The 'workaround' is more like a view of just the data you would like to be there but it is still bidding on all conversions. So I would not use this suggestion if that's right.

I think the only actual workaround might be to attempt to strategize by placing a "value" on the conversions. I can only see this working for two conversions - one valued high the other value low. To target the high "value" conversion choose an optimize ROAS strategy. Then for the low value conversion choose optimize for clicks. It definitely wont be perfect but I don't know what else to do other than manually observing what works with manual CPC.

I'd like to see a real way to assign conversions to campaigns though.

Best,

Duncan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Eileen R & @Duncan B,

I did not claim that what I described would allow for optimization, or for anything else in addition to viewing. But then if you have a look at the original query posted by @Devin P, you'll see it does not even mention optimization purposes.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, okay thank you for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure that if someone else like myself found this they would not be confused.

Whether or not the question specifically mentions optimization of the conversions, I think it is heavily implied by the question. I can't think of any other reason to set a campaign level conversion.  As @Devin P didn't accept any answers I had to think about whether this was a viable solution or not, and its not.