AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting a tracking template for a campaign in Adwords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there, newbie user here. I would like to know if

1. I can set up a tracking template once for a campaign that consists of several URLs?

2. Can the above then be automated by scripting in the editor?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharriff A
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Sharriff, you can setup a tracking template at the campaign level in Editor, and this can use custom parameters to change the final URL based on context, but I don't believe it can consist of arbitrary multiple URLs. And no, this cannot be scripted in Editor. If you have not used Editor before, see here for help on navigating the UI. Once your campaign is selected in the Tree view and/or Data view, make sure "Campaigns" is selected in the Type list and then select the "URL options" tab.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharriff A
April 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Sharriff, you can setup a tracking template at the campaign level in Editor, and this can use custom parameters to change the final URL based on context, but I don't believe it can consist of arbitrary multiple URLs. And no, this cannot be scripted in Editor. If you have not used Editor before, see here for help on navigating the UI. Once your campaign is selected in the Tree view and/or Data view, make sure "Campaigns" is selected in the Type list and then select the "URL options" tab.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike!