AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting Ad Metrics to 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I manage the AdWords account for my company and I have an apparently easy request which is giving me a lot of unnecessary pain.

Is there a way to set the metrics for a specific Ad to 0, without having to edit the messaging/copy? The only way I can manage to reset all the metrics is by changing the copy, but I don't want to do this. I simply want to track the Ad's performance from this moment onwards, without previous data altering it.

Thank you in advance!

Ale

2 Expert replyverified_user

Setting Ad Metrics to 0

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Alessandro,

Maybe just set a date in right top corner to today date? Previous impressions and clicks will not be included.

Setting Ad Metrics to 0

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Past data cannot be reset unless you make changes.

Why would you like to reset the data?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Setting Ad Metrics to 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'll explain the scenario, and you can tell me if what I'm doing makes no sense, and perhaps how I should go about doing it.

So I have one AdGroup with 2 Ads in it. I created the Ads last month, each with a slight variation in the messaging. Now, after 1 month, I have enough data to see that one of the Ads is performing better. So I want to change the Ad that is not performing as well and make it more similar to the one that's performing better (but still not exactly the same, of course, because I want to A/B test). But the thing is, to A/B test them, I need to reset the metrics for both to see how they perform from now on, right?

Does that make sense? I'm a rookie so not sure about this.

Setting Ad Metrics to 0

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Ale,

I don't do that. I have a control ad and a test ad in each ad group. I have ad rotation set to always. At the end of the test period, I make determine the winner, pause or delete the loser, then create a new test. There's no real need to start your control (the winner) over. You will have the new ad to mark the date when you last changed your control and tests. AdWords reports are by date range, just be sure to include only dates when both your current ads were active.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords