AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Set Target CPA on Keyword Level

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I am trying to set Target CPA for one of my keyword in a search campaign which is running on conversion optimizer, but i am not able to find the option where to set it on keyword level.. I have tried making a new Flexible Bid Strategy for Target CPA and tried selecting it for one of my keyword in an ad group but when i select use flexible strategy in the bidding strategy tab then that new bidding stratgey is not listing there to be selected.

Please Guide.

Abhishek

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AbhishekS
September 2015

Re: Set Target CPA on Keyword Level

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Abhishek. Here's what I see when I try to apply a ROAS flexible strategy at keyword level (in the web interface): "Select the bid strategy that you'd like to apply. Target CPA and Enhanced CPC strategies are not available for keywords, so they're not listed."

That's why you cannot apply Target CPA at keyword level.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If that's the message one gets in the interface, I'd say that it is a definite no. A workaround would of course be single keyword ad groups, where you would set the strategy at ad group level.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Abhishek. Here's what I see when I try to apply a ROAS flexible strategy at keyword level (in the web interface): "Select the bid strategy that you'd like to apply. Target CPA and Enhanced CPC strategies are not available for keywords, so they're not listed."

That's why you cannot apply Target CPA at keyword level.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin

Thanks for the reply. Is their any way to set target CPA bid at keyword level.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If that's the message one gets in the interface, I'd say that it is a definite no. A workaround would of course be single keyword ad groups, where you would set the strategy at ad group level.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, keeping a single keyword in an ad group is the only solution to this.Thanks for the confirmation.

Abhishek