AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Server to server tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

One of the brands I work with only supports server to server tracking (I can't technically add a conversion pixel to any 'thank you page' or event). At the moment I have to analyze all conversion data through complicated back-end reports, making day to day optimization much more complicated than it should be. 

I know Google doesn't support server side tracking, but has anyone found a creative solution for this issue?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCer
September 2015

Re: Server to server tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, 

PPCer. You mean you can't add anything to the thank you page? Not even javascript?

If you can't, I'm afraid the newly launched adwords offline conversion tracking is your only way out. Capture the gclid on the back end and send it back to adwords in a csv (it may work through API as well).

It won't be real time, but it should work.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,
I've been considering that option but thought there might be some other solution that I hadn't heard of. But I guess not, will try the method you suggested Smiley Happy
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi, PPCer. That's all I know of. Javascript, image request (browser-triggered), offline CSV upload and it seems I was right, the API was updated to include offline conversion import: http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.ro/2013/10/announcing-v201309-of-adwords-api.html

Good luck!
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You may want to try a third party tracking and attribution system that supports Server 2 Server tracking and has Search integration. You may want to check out DeltaX - it has a full integration with Google Adwords, Bing and Facebook Ads and supports server 2 server integration. (Disclaimer: I work with DeltaX)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It's been 2 years and i can't find any other solutions related to this matter. Did you figure out something? My company provides a tracking platform for media buyers and obviously we are very interested in adwords (altough the bulk of our users buy traffic on other ad networks). Since we currently only support s2s tracking, i am wondering if you found a work around this issue.
Thanks!
Laurent
TrackingDesk

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!