AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Send form values to landingpage parameters in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to send values ​​from a form in the Ad to the landing page in AdWords, like this example: http://demo.alion.nl/adwords/gwd-customurl-test/ ?

I tried the Ad URL options ( advanced ), but here I am required to give a value of the custom parameter. This is not desirable because the value must be determined by the input from the user .

I have tried to resolve this in the Ad, but when I click on the Ad after uploading in AdWords, the custom landingpage including parameters (see example) will be overwritten by the Final URL in AdWords.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Dennis Woutersen

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Send form values to landingpage parameters in AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI Dennis

Which values you want to [censored] from ad to landing page?

Here is list of values which you can pass to your landing page. I am not entirely sure which values you want to pass , your landing page example shows a form with 3 fields (flight, departure and email)

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nik,

Thanks for your comment.

I would like to give the value entered by the user to the landing page in AdWords.

For example:
The user fills 'test@gmail.com' in the email value and clicks on the check button

The user would then have to go to the landing page: http://www.alion.nl/banners?email=test@gmail.com

The same should be done for the parameters 'flightNumber' and 'flightDeparture'.

Is it necessary to do this with ValueTrack or URL parameters ?

Regards, Dennis

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Dennis
Sorry about delayed response.
I am not really sure I understand your requirement.
How will you know email or flight number before user lands on the page?
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog