AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Seller Ratings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on how best to report on impact of Seller Ratings extension on performance.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to compare CTR's, CPC's, Conversions and CVR for ads showing the extension vs those which dont.

So far I've;

1. Pulled campaign report
  2. Pull automated extensions report
  3. Subtract automated extensions values from totals in campaign report to calculate ‘non automated extension’ values
  4. Sum both values
  5. Check sum totals match campaign report totals for given campaigns

The results from the above show that CTRs and CVRs are lower when the extension is displayed than when its not. This is contrary to our expectations and general feedback on how display of ratings can positively impact performance. 

If anyone has experience with similar analyses and is open to sharing tips please let me know!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Seller Ratings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
If you run a search on Google about Seller Ratings and CTR, you'll find many case studies reporting  improved performance.
I'm quite confident that Google would not have introduced  the seller rating extension (back in 2010) unless it had shown improved performances. (And by improved I mean - a statistically significant better results)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I'm aware of the available case studies, my question was how best to report on these extensions and specifically comparative reporting i.e CTR of ad with rating vs CTR of ad with no rating.

I'm not seeking to refute case studies nor Google but rather to support these so I can scale the use of reviews beyond search.

Do you have any recommendations as to how best to approach the reporting which you'd share?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I not sure fully understood your calculations.

In any case, I do not think you can measure the incremental value  of  a seller extension without  a clear statistical model. The calculation is not simple. This is the reason Google does not offer to measure / test performance of extensions as part of the AdWords experiments; (If it were a simple calculation Google would include that).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’