AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Segmenting Search results by Languages selected for Campaign

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have selected several languages for a Search Campaign.

Can I obtain in AdWords segmented results of keyword traffic by languages used to find out if there are many searches on the "English" or "French" segment for a campaign targeting Romania ?

Is this segmentation only possible in Google analytics ? ( sorry I didn't try to find out for myself)

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Segmenting Search results by Languages selected for Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Correct;
In Analytics you could create a segment by language.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No; language targeting is first determined (with some exceptions) by the browser UI language setting. (The Google domain is used only if the system has no other signals)

What it means is  that in Romania, many peers to set their browser UI to  English rather to  Romanain, or set English as a preferred language in addition to Romanian. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Correct;
In Analytics you could create a segment by language.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This is interesting, If I had ignored the english language targeting I would have missed 60% of the AdWords traffic in Romania on Romanian keywords, as you can see from the screenshot below taken from a couple of days of traffic.

language-distribution.png

Since typing www.google.com in Romania redirects users to google.ro , the explanation that the user is searching on google.com cannot be the cause of this , correct ? The google.com domain in English -US practically cannot be used directly from our country.

So what would be a good explanation for this distribution of CPC traffic by language, is it because when people downloaded the browser they have selected an english variant and have chosen the default "preferences" to be English in the home page ?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No; language targeting is first determined (with some exceptions) by the browser UI language setting. (The Google domain is used only if the system has no other signals)

What it means is  that in Romania, many peers to set their browser UI to  English rather to  Romanain, or set English as a preferred language in addition to Romanian.