Segment mobile type usage with Analytics[ Edited ]
May 2012 - last edited May 2012
I'd like to know what percentage of my adwords clicks come from different types of mobile operating systems.
I couldn't find a way to see this in the Adwords interface, but I'm sure it's possible in Analytics. (my account is linked)
Can anyone explain to me how this can be done?
I need this info at the campaign level of my adwords account.
Here's one way:
- Segment by Mobile Traffic only (default segment)
- Go to Audience - Mobile - Devices
- Add "Campaign" as the secondary dimension
- Filter out "not set" both from Campaings and from Devices
You'll see some campaigns which are not AdWords campaigns as well. If that bothers you, instead of using the default Mobile Devices segment create another one, which limits source to Google and Medium to CPC, beside Mobile to yes.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
In Adwords you can segment campaigns by device (campaign tab, segment, device - this will split campaign by desktop, mobile and tablet). This will show how your clicks vary by campaign.
In Analytics there are a couple of ways to work this but not sure you'll be able to see exactly what you want (or I think you want based on your question!)
- In Advertising > Adwords > Campaigns - you can then select 'high-end mobile' from just below the segments tab.
- Apply a paid search filter. Then go to Audience > Mobile > Devices and this will show you all paid traffic by device.
I don't think this is exactly what your after but hopefully it's good enough!