AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Segment by device at ad group level across account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it possible to see a report that segments by device at the ad group level across an entire account? I know it is possible to see this report at the campaign level by taking the following steps:

All online campaigns ->Settings ->Devices

It is also possible to see ad group performance by device if I click into each individual ad group, but this is very time consuming to do it this way.

Thanks,

Curtis

Re: Segment by device at ad group level across account

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

Sure - Go to all online campaigns >> Ad Groups >> Segment >> Device.

Cheers,

Asaf

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
You can learn more through this link:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454072?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Asaf Paz,

This definitely helps solve part of my problem, but i'm unable to see my current mobile bid modifier for each ad group with this view and then adjust it as necessary. Do you happen to know of a way to accomplish this?

I know it is possible to see the mobile bid modifier for each ad group at account level using the AdWords Editor, but then I'm missing the performance from the segment report you mentioned. I suppose I could export each report and then mash them together, but was hoping there is an easier solution.
Thanks,
Curtis
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey CBWY5,

You can copy the bid modifiers data from adgroup section in editor and you can just do a normal lookup with your Adgroup segment report which Asaf Paz informed you. I dont think it would be more than 2 minutes for you.

Hope this helps?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

If i correctly understand your question, also you can see this type of report in GA (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3191002?hl=en)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Chetan,
Thanks for the response. I was able to combine the reports using both Asaf Paz and your solution like you suggested. The one other small problem i ran into was ad groups that currently had no modifier listed in the AdWords editor for the ad group because it was just using the campaign level modifier. So i just added the extra step of exporting a spreadsheet of campaign level mobile bid modifiers and combined =IF(ISBLANK) and VLookup to pull in the campaign level modifier as the ad group level modifier and then combined the ad group bid modifier report with the ad group segment report as you mentioned above.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks man, I would also use this trick. But - I have a suggestion dont use modifiers at all levels. Try using at either adgroup or campaign level. This would not lead to confusion.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I agree 100%. After this project is complete all bid modifiers will be at the ad group level. Up until this point only the high traffic ad groups had been switched to ad group level.

Take care and thanks again