AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Segment Reporting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can I get a report in which I can find out how the campaign is performing on different devices in particular hours of day?

Thanks,

Richa

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Segment Reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Richa

The segment and dimensions tab are your friend.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404037?hl=en

Use the Segment button to see the data in your campaign segmented by device. This allows you to compare statistics such as clicks, impressions, CTRs, or conversion rates for desktop computers and high-end mobile devices. Segmenting your data can help you identify which campaigns, ad groups, ads, or keywords are driving the best performance for a particular type of device, especially for campaigns combining desktop computer and mobile devices.

However, you can get a far greater range of reports of this nature using Google Analytics. If your adWords account is linked to your GA account, you can get some pretty nifty device and demographic data for your campaigns using custom segments.

Hope that helps.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply but I want to know how my mobile devices are performing in a particular hour of day. I want a report by using both the segments (device and time) together. Is this possible?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RichaAgarwal
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, you can. But you must use GA. Using a secondary dimension. In particular, the day part dimension.

More details can be found here http://analytics.blogspot.ie/2010/06/new-adwords-reports-in-google-analytics.html?m=1

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks it helped Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Richa,

Just a small addition to what Dave said above, you can extract the Device Level Hour of the day report from AdWords interface also. Try this: On Campaigns Tab, segment the data by Device Type and then click on Download Report Button>> then add another segment which is Time>> Hour of the Day and then download it.

It should provide you with hour of the day stats of how mobile devices, computers and tabs have been performing at campaign level.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave,

Can you please tell me why there is a difference between adwords and analytics data?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

In adwords while downloading report, hour of the day is not an option in the time segment.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Richa,

This Report is only available at campaign level and Ad group level Report. Not available at Keyword and Ad Copy level. So you can only download this report at campaign level and Ad group level.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’