AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Segment By Single Keyword?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

Is there a way to segment by HOUR OF DAY for a single keyword?  I can't seem to find one.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Segment By Single Keyword?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think this is possible "out of the box". However, if this is important to you, why not set up an ad campaign with a single ad group and the single keyword, run for a few days and then segment the campaign by hour of day. By default that would be the same for the ad group and the keyword....

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tualatinite, as stickleback says, I don't think there's any option for doing this with the standard reports, even the downloaded data.  You may be able to generate the information using Scripting but I'd have to look into it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, thanks for the replies.  Steve, good suggestion, but no, it's not that important to me.  And I don't want to remove that keyword from its current group.

Thanks again.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

HI

In Analytics, you can create a custom report (flat table) with 2 dimension: keyword & hour of day, and metric: visits. If keywords are too many, just create a filter for the report