AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Seeing unusual column headings in Campaigns tab

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

A few times recently, when my AdWords account opened on the Campaigns tab, it showed columns like "Interactions" and "Interaction Rate" instead of the normal ones, like clicks, CPC, CTR, etc. Why does this happen, and how do I prevent it from happening?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Seeing unusual column headings in Campaigns tab

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Onbeta,

This features was rolled out by adwords on September 2, 2015. The advantage of this is if you have different types of campaigns in your account then it will show how user have interacted with that particular type of campaign whether clicked, viewed, calls.

Suppose in your account you have Display, search, call, trueview campaigns then you can see particular statistics corresponding to each campaign.

So simply it displays cross campaign performance at a Glance.

If you are using different types of campaigns then you should use it otherwise you can remove these columns.

At Campaigns Level click columns >> modify column >> Remove it from your saved list of columns >> Apply.
if you wish to reuse it: columns >> modify column >> Performance >> select with double arrow >> Apply.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Onbeta
It's likely this was a saved column set that you're seeing (unless you're viewing a video campaign).

Edit the columns and save a custom one just for yourself.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi OnBeta,

I've seen those set of columns appear when you create a Video Campaign, and that's way of Adwords showing everything summarized (clicks with view for instance).

They're very careful about the metrics names so there can't be no mistakes.

Can't tell any other case where this sets appear.

As Dave mentioned, if you don't want that set, just modify your columns and save your view and you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave and leandrofm,
Thanks for your responses. I hadn't saved the columns; they suddenly appeared. However, leandrofm's answer reminded me that I had created Remarketing and Dynamic Search campaigns today. Maybe one of those triggered the columns.

The answer seems to be to modify columns and save the set, which is what I'll do. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I just logged into another account and saw those "Interactions" columns had appeared in the Ad Groups tab. And I know the only change I made there today was changing two campaigns from manual to automated bids.

Which means there is some other reason why those columns suddenly appear.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Onbeta,

This features was rolled out by adwords on September 2, 2015. The advantage of this is if you have different types of campaigns in your account then it will show how user have interacted with that particular type of campaign whether clicked, viewed, calls.

Suppose in your account you have Display, search, call, trueview campaigns then you can see particular statistics corresponding to each campaign.

So simply it displays cross campaign performance at a Glance.

If you are using different types of campaigns then you should use it otherwise you can remove these columns.

At Campaigns Level click columns >> modify column >> Remove it from your saved list of columns >> Apply.
if you wish to reuse it: columns >> modify column >> Performance >> select with double arrow >> Apply.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
Thanks for your response. It makes sense, though I would have preferred it if Google had made it optional, rather than force it on advertisers who have already set their columns up the way they want.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Onbeta,

It is optional and i have already mentioned the procedure to remove it from your main statistics.

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
It's optional in the sense that Google makes the change, and then you have the option of undoing their change. My point, which was directed at Google, was that instead of forcing it first and then allowing you to change it, they should simply make the columns available and let you decide whether you want to implement them.

In my case, I had already set up the columns the way I wanted, so Google's change undid the work I had previously done. Yes, I can change the columns again, but that's an inconvenience that Google should not force on users.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Onbeta
I just want to provide some clarity for you here. The defaults are defaults, nothing we can do about that. Custom column sets are saved by using cookies. If you delete your cookies, if your privacy software does if your browser is set to automatically delete them or if you delete them in the hundreds of other possible ways, you'll go back to the default.

Alternatively, you can set your columns in AdWords Editor and as they are local, you'll never get reset to defaults (unless you upgrade).

Hope that clears things up for you.