AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search volumes strangely the same for different keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi- I'm using the GoogleAdwords Interface to grab search volumes for multiple keywords. The following keywords are being requested:

La Lakers Basketball, Lakers Preseason Tickets, Laker Logo, La Clippers Team, Cheap Laker Tickets, Laker Basketball, La Lakers Basketball, Lakers Preseason Tickets, Laker Logo

Strangely the search volumes for all these keywords are exactly the same at 480. Is this correct?

Specifically, the results can be being confirmed by getting statistics through the Keyword Planner tool. Please note that while checking the volumes through the console, the default setting of including volumes from only Google should be changed to including search volumes from Google and its partners, as it is in the API.

A quick response to this would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Search volumes strangely the same for different keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shahjanhan, how are things?

A lot of times when Google doesn't have a big amount of search for a specific keyword to analyse, it use the traffic from similar keywords that may trigger your Ad.

Since those keywords are all related to "lakers" tickets and logos, Google may understand that those keywords are all similar ones and that they have the same context, and uses the same amount of traffic instead of showing you "no data for that keyword".

Usually low or no traffic appear for very specific keywords that really don't have search volume. When it understands that some keywords are connected to some other context, it uses the "context" volume.

That's my opinion on the matter regarding somethings that I saw with my researches.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click