AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Volume in Keyword Planner?30 million search for (ffafcebook.com)and only 2 website visits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

I did some keyword research with google keyword planner tool, and found that the word (ffafcebook.com) have more than 30 millions searches per month!! ( see photo below), So I bought the domain.

I thought if more that 30 millions are making spelling mistakes at google search, at lease 30 thousands will do the same mistake on the address bar, and all those should be directed to my new website!!

But until now I got 38 visits, ((36 of them were me :/ )) .

so what do you think is going wrong??

Thanks.

google adwords.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Volume in Keyword Planner?30 million search for (ffafcebook.com)and only 2 website visit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
A recent change means that the keyword planner now shows the searches for the keyword you enter, and close variants. So basically it is including searches for "facebook.com" and perhaps "facebook"

At the moment there is no way of changing this, and no way of knowing whether Google is including variants or not.

Another way of looking at it - if you bid on ffafcebook.com your ad will show to people searching for facebook.com