AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Term reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When reviewing the search term report, I'm confused by the large number of Other search terms. If they are not common, why are they being aggregated for my search and negatively affecting my CTR? If they are relevant, then why don't I see them? I have other search terms that appear without any clicks attributed to them? Why are these hundreds of search terms hidden?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Term reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi
No. Queries without clicks are not attributed.
Google has never disclosed the exact reason those search terms are not disclosed. My guess: it has to do with Google's privacy Policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI,
Google doesn't show the actual search terms if the user is searching without logging into Google account.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Ahmed;

Can you link Google's documentation that supports this claim?

Ahmed A wrote:

HI,
Google doesn't show the actual search terms if the user is searching without logging into Google account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi MoshelTv,

In Google Analytics certainly you find a lot of keywords has the status "not provided" that's because Google encrypts search information for people who aren't logged into their Google account, so it's the same process for search terms.

Regarding any documentation prove this speech, actually there's a lot of SEO blogs write about this, but Google doesn't say this clearly.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Ahmed;
I disagree;
Though Analytics does NOT record search terms on secured SERP (when users are logged in) - this is NOT applicable for search terms when a user click on an ad. In the latter, the search term is recorded in Analytics.
There could be many reasons for "not provided", and these are NOT necessarily the same as "other search terms."

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV
I've re-checked some information, I agree with you.
Thanks for clarification!