AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Funnels vs. GA MCF Data Discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been trying to find a process for more effectively measuring conversions.  The first click is what's most important to me for nonbranded campaigns, so I took a look at this in both Analytics and Adwords (the Analytics account uses the exact same conversions obviously).  In Adwords it shows a total of 192 conversions, while Analytics shows a total of 290 when I select Type = Adwords.  I'm assuming it's calculated differently in each medium.  Does anyone know what accounts for this very large difference?

Re: Search Funnels vs. GA MCF Data Discrepancy

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Maembe !

AdWords cookie for conversion tracking has a 30 days time limit for reporting, while Analytics Goal or transaction has a larger time span.

Take a look at this article for more sources of discrepancies :

Comparing Analytics and AdWords conversion metrics

[Later edit]

And this article

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

In Analytics, the Conversion Rate indicates the percentage of visitors that convert on at least one of the goals you have defined for that profile. This rate, shown in the URL Goals report, is different than the AdWords Conversion Rate you see in your AdWords account.