AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Campaign Performance Report

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My hi to everyone!

I am need of a suggestion. I ran a search campaign for software downloads (Free & Paid) in the last month. What should be included in the report for the client?

I am new to reporting so do not know where to start from. Should I use Analytics custom reporting or anyone has suggestion regarding a standard reporting?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Search Campaign Performance Report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jack,
Hope you did good job in AdWords.
I would like you suggest below points to consider creating a report.

Don’t send to complicated reports to your client, just highlighted the things which you improved for his business and keep eye on ROI. I would like to prepare report with below simple things.
High performing Keywords list.
Conversions Details Time & date.
Comparison of previous period for AVG. CPC, CPA, Avg. Position and Cost. Improvement on these things will give a confidence to your client.

Thanks,
Aravindh.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack N
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jack, also it's usefull to set specific goals using such KPI as cost per conversion + conversion quantity or ROI. It's always better to ask client about his priorities.

One of clients bothers only about Bounce Rate (not about number of leads or anythin else), so I have imported it in Adwords account to keep track on this KPI as my main priority..

And if client is satisfied with his main goal, he may not even want to see all this beatifull charts and reports because it's waste of your in his time.

And if client really wants something nice, you can automate process using Adwords API scripts. https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jack,

A small addition to informative responses above, you could also plan your reports depending upon different clients and their level of understanding in AdWords.

If your client is very pro active and keep asking asking you many questions about AdWords, performance etc.... you could think of creating a detailed report highlighting all the good part you achieved.

However, if you have clients whose prime objective is ROI and there are not bothered what campaigns you are running, which match type you are using etc.... then you can create simple weekly or monthly reports for them mentioning different statistics like conversions, converted keywords etc... and so on and so forth.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj