AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Script for duplicate keywords between different accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

Do you know if there is any script to see how many duplicate keywords you have between different accounts?

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Script for duplicate keywords between different accounts?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Adrian.

I doubt there is one, out of the box.

But what you need is an MCC-level script that goes through the accounts and builds lists of keywords and then compares them. However, you'll need to be careful not to hit any execution limits, because if you have a few accounts, each with a few thousands keywords, it'll take a while before you can finish all comparisons.

That's because once you have the keywords from the first account and move to the second one you'll have to check if each keyword in account 2 is in account 1 as well. By the time you move to account 3, you'll do the same with keywords from the first two accounts. And so on.

If you hit a roadblock maybe you can build a script that only extracts the keywords from all accounts and you to the comparison outside of AdWords, in Google Sheets.

But, at least in theory, all limits aside, what you want is doable.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.