AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Script That Manages Bids Fails when Enhanced CPC is Turned On

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Up until Feb. 22nd, a script that manages bids (very similar to multibidder) has now failed to update bids.

The error received in Status column of "View Details" scripts section is:

Error: To use this bid strategy, change the strategy currently applied to your campaign.

I didn't have bid strategies (literally in the shared library - "Bid strategies") set up.  I don't have automatic bidding turned on.  The one thing I did have turned on was Enhanced CPC.

To troubleshoot, I turned Enhanced CPC off, ran the script, and it worked as expected by updating the bids for this campaign.

I know there was a recent change to the naming convention of conv. (1-per-click) to Converted clicks and conv. (many-per-click) to Conversions.  However, this change was not supposed to affect Enhanced CPC as posted here:

Automated bidding solutions like Conversion Optimizer and eCPC will continue to function as they did...

If eCPC is supposed to continue to function as they did previously, why is my script now only able to make bid changes when eCPC is turned off whereas before, it would make bid changes regardless if eCPC was turned on or off.

Please no answers from cobnut or anyone just looking to increase their points on this forum.  I'd prefer quality answers from knowledgeable people.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Script That Manages Bids Fails when Enhanced CPC is Turned On

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Jon (Cobnut) is a Top Contributor on the forum and very experienced with scripts. He is not in need of "increasing points" (whatever that means).

If you're not happy with the help you receive here, you can always reach out to Google directly for answers to your questions. There is a Contact AdWords link at the top right-hand corner of every screen of the Community. 

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I disagree.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

If you're not finding the assistance you need in the Community, you can always go directly to Google to ask your questions. That is why the link to "Contact AdWords" is on every page of the site.

___

P.S. There are no "points" on the board. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jarad,

I was about to recommend you the AdWords scripts dedicated forum then I noticed that you posted there already and you received an advice to send an email to someone at google anash.p.oommen@google.com about this issue. 

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/adwords-scripts/To$20use$20this$20bid$20strategy$2C$20cha...

Other than this, I have nothing to write to help you, sorry. 

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Jarad,

Thanks for posting on our Community forum. As a friendly reminder please respect other users on this forum as per the Community Posting Guidelines. This is a community of users helping each other with AdWords, and we'd like to keep things fun, friendly, and Googley. Treat the Community and other users as you would like to be treated.