AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Same user clicks on 2 ads, which one gets attribution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I know this may have been asked several times, but I can't find the solution.

I am setting up a Remarketing campaign for visitors of Landing Pages who didn't convert yet. In principle, all visitors will have previously clicked an ad from another campaign. Will the conversion be attributed to the first campaign (first click), or to the Remarketing one (last click)?

Thank you,

Pol

Re: Same user clicks on 2 ads, which one gets attribution?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pol,

Conversion is attributed if user complete the action you counting as conversion after an ad click. so in the given scenario conversion will be attributed to the remarketing campaign if they complete the required action.
Suppose if an user "X" got converted by clicking an ad A of campaign A, conversion will be attributed to campaign A, if 'X' re-targeted by a remarketing campaign and "X" got converted by clicking and AD B of campaign B (Remarketing one) then conversion will be attributed to campaign B.

regards,
Rahul Goel

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords uses the last click attribution so the conversion will be attributed to the remarketing campaign if that is the last click.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you both, solved.

Regards,
Pol