AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Same person clicking over and over!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are there any safe guards to keep a single person from clicking over and over on your ads and using up all your budget. I own an entertainment business and we have a competitor in the Dallas/FtWorth area who clicks on competitors ad to use up their budget, I was wondering if there are any safe guards to stop this from occuring?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Same person clicking over and over!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello goksucats526;

Google runs automated tools to track illegal / invalid clicks; You are fully  refunded for those.

You can see them on the invalid clicks column, on the campaign tab.

You can also contact  the fraud clicks team at Google  using the following link:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/static.py?hl=en&hlrm=tr&ts=2557048&page=ts.cs&from=2557048&rd=...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

An additional option would be to set a cap on the number of impressions a person can see in a day. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@PatientRock

This is already in place. There is a limit to the number of impressions (for a given ad), a unique user is shown. But, these "black hat clicker" are more sophisticated: they keep changing their IP

PatientRock wrote:

An additional option would be to set a cap on the number of impressions a person can see in a day. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm no expert at this, but I noticed an unusually high CTR for a city where one of my competitors is located. so I excluded the location entirely from my campaigns. This isn't an optimal solution because I may be losing business from that area, but it has helped a bit.