AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

SEO Conversion / Adword Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we are struggling to identify SEO Conversion/ Adwords Conversion in our site. It looks like all conversion numbers are pointing to /referral page.  How do I fix this? Thank you Gui Luz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: SEO Conversion / Adword Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If these are internal referrals - i.e. they come from your own page - the most common issue is that somewhere between a visitor landing on your page and getting to the conversion page, the gclid (the tracking) is being lost - probably because the GA code is missing on one of the intermediate pages.

A simple way to track this is to open up an incognito window and then open your landing page adding ?gclid=test to the end of the url....

Then open up a GA window and go in to real time reporting. If you've got a lot of visitors then look for a segment so that you identify your own visit.... once you've identified your visit go back to sources and you should see that your visit is from google cpc....

Now work through the process that a visitor would go through checking at each point that the source is still identified as cpc... you're probably going to find at some point that your visit appears to split - there's a cpc visit (this is the original visit and it takes a few minutes to disappear) and a "new" visit which will de direct or internal referral - there's the point at which the tracking is dropped.

Check the code on that page - in fact if you have google tag assistant installed (you should!) then you can check the page on the fly to see if the code is present.

See if this helps as a first step.

Re: SEO Conversion / Adword Conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Guilherme D,

Welcome to adwords community, Make sure that your adwords and analytics account
should be link. For more how to link adwords and analytics account go
with this link https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

Hope it helps you.