AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Revenues increase weeks later without orders increasing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have observed the following situation:

recorded date click date revenues conversions_many conversions
2013-06-01 2013-05-04 163.96 2 2
2013-06-02 2013-05-04 163.96 2 2
2013-06-03 2013-05-04 228.95 3 2

so the orders for this campaign stayed constant (almost one month after the click) but 30 days later the revenues increased with orders staying constant.
what is the explanation for this?
interestingly, rpo_many * conversions_many equals 228.96 in this case. it seems as if the revenues from many per click were added to the standard revenues without increasing the number of conversions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Revenues increase weeks later without orders increasing.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Arthur G,

The many-per-click includes the one-per-click. You had 3 many-per-click conversions, 2 of those were one-per-click. One of those 2 visitors purchased twice.

Conversions in AdWords are always reported on the date of the original click on your ad. The data indicates the two visitors made one purchase each on or before June 1 after having clicked on your ad on May 4, and one of those visitors made a second purchase on June 3.

The AdWords cookie only lives for 30 days. Purchases made later than June after the original click on May 4 will no longer report as AdWords conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this does not explain to me why revenues (1 per click) increased but conversions (1 click) did not increase.

I do understand that many-per-click includes the 1-per-click but I do not understand how the 1-per-click revenue can increase from one day to another with the 1-per-click conversions staying constant.

If one of the visitors makes a 2nd purchase on June 3 it should only increase revenues (many per click) and not revenues(1-per-click) or am I mistaken?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can anybody help me here?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Arthur,

It is not clear to me whether the "revenues" column is actually revenue only from 1-per click. I don't see that column as available, only "total conv. value". The other columns are "Value per conversion (1 per click)" and "Value per conversion (many per click)".

Unless you are producing your own reports, I stand by my answer. Both 1-per-click and many-per-click conversions contribute to the "total conv. value".

What am I missing here?

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords