AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Retroactively change last-click to first-click conversion attribution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, 

is it possible to retroactively change conversion attribution from last-click to first-click?

Background:

I exported all my keywords from the past months to clean up a bit, which left with a list of over 60k keywords.

The keywords with the most conversions, are my product name keywords. Which makes sense, but that makes my data kind of flawed, because I'd like to know which keywords caused people come back and search for my product in first place. Otherwise I could end up blocking keywords, that would have caused a conversion indirectly.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Retroactively change last-click to first-click conversion attribution?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @Heinrich H,

I am not entirely sure but have you tried to use the model comparison tool to use last attribution?

Or if you are wanting to make the first attribution the last... seems like you could pull the keywords into a database (Google Sheets) and then create a formula to set and arrange them?

Again... I am not entirely sure but these are what came to mind. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Retroactively change last-click to first-click conversion attribution?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Heinrich H

This is a very  good question. 

Conversions are attributed to  a model  once  a model is assigned to a conversion, during the conversion setup process. It is measured "from now  on".

>>"The attribution model you choose only affects the conversion action to which it’s applied, and only affects your Search Network and Shopping data

However, you could manipulate the historic data using the "current column" 

>>"When you change the “Attribution model” setting for a conversion action, it only changes the way your conversions are counted in your “Conversions” and “All conversions” columns going forward. If you want to see how your historic conversions data would look with the attribution model you’ve just selected, you can use the “current model” columns:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’