AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting campaigns & placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have several retargeting campaigns on my account and I manage them by removing unperforming placements.

Though some days I don't see any placements (no managed placements, only automatic)

How can all the placements disappear suddenly and reappear the next day ?

Thanks a lot !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retargeting campaigns & placement

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Camille,
What date range are you looking at? Do the results change if you look at a larger date range (say, a week for example)?
Kathleen
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camille F
September 2015

Re: Retargeting campaigns & placement

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Camille,

I think you just might not be looking at a long enough date range. It takes some time for the placement report to accumulate data. As Kathleen mentioned, it would probably help to look at week's worth of data or more. When you look at a shorter time frame, you can still account for all of your data, you just can't see it broken out by placement.

For the same reasons that short time frames don't always produce the placement report, some placements will never show in the table because they don't accumulate enough data. You can see a summary of all non-disclosed placements in the row at the bottom of the table called "Total - All Other Data". Google's definition for this row of data is included below. I hope this helps!

"Total - All Other Data -- shows stats from targeting not yet listed in your table, or where your performance was low.

What it is: Data from targeting types where your ads are getting very few impressions and clicks, and targeting that hasn't yet been listed individually in your table.

Why this happens: Based on your current location, it’s possible that you won’t see some of your data in your table yet. We add it up here so you can still account for all of your statistics. Note that your ad group and campaign table selections affect the results of this row. You can adjust these settings on the Ad group and Campaign tabs."