AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Reports in AdWords show zero for all values, or show no values at all on a campaign with 800 clicks.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys!

I launched a Display Network campaign about a week ago. It has since received 800+ clicks on a somewhat small budget. Now, after looking at the performance of each ad group on the website, I realized I needed to optimize the keywords in order to give more traffic to the ad groups that were actually producing conversions and hopefully lower the CPA (which is really high right now, at a whooping $18). So, of course, I went to "Reports" -> "Predefined" -> "Paid and Organic"... and see nothing. 

AdWords Screenshot.png

Now, since this is a Display Campaign, perhaps the paid vs organic term is not what I need to look at; maybe it only applies to Search Network campaigns. However, Keywords are one of the parameters for Display Network campaigns, so I would expect to be able to see the performance of the Keywords, the actual searches that triggered the ad, etc. 

Why are all my keyword/search term related reports empty? There are no filters on the report. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diego R
February

Reports in AdWords show zero for all values, or show no values at all on a campaign with 800 clicks.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Diego R

The pre-defined reports under report section won't help you get what you are after. The report you are looking will data when you have Google Search Console linked to AdWords, and it will show data for search network campaigns only. Or, you can create custom reports from the report section by dragging the required metrics to the canvas area.

To see how different keywords triggered your ads on display network, you can go to your Campaign Name > Keywords. To see the sites where your ads appeared, you need to go to Placements tab. 

The best way would be to click Display Campaigns from the left bar under All Campaigns and then in the next navigation click your campaign name. Next, click keywords, placements, topics, demographics, etc. as you would require. It would show you the report you need. 

PS. The Search Term report won't be available display network campaign. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Diego R
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Diego R

The pre-defined reports under report section won't help you get what you are after. The report you are looking will data when you have Google Search Console linked to AdWords, and it will show data for search network campaigns only. Or, you can create custom reports from the report section by dragging the required metrics to the canvas area.

To see how different keywords triggered your ads on display network, you can go to your Campaign Name > Keywords. To see the sites where your ads appeared, you need to go to Placements tab. 

The best way would be to click Display Campaigns from the left bar under All Campaigns and then in the next navigation click your campaign name. Next, click keywords, placements, topics, demographics, etc. as you would require. It would show you the report you need. 

PS. The Search Term report won't be available display network campaign. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.