AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Reporting "Number of Days with 0 impressions"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When doing a Keyword report - Filter Impressions = 0, how do I view "Number of days with 0 impressions"?

[Edit: I just chated with Google support about this and she said that she will share the request to developers. And provided me with this link too. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176378]

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reporting "Number of Days with 0 impressions"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Applying a filter Impressions <= 0 will do the trick. The number of rows will be in the bottom right corner.

PS: I thought you meant number of keywords since you mentioned a keyword report.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Maxroizer, if I'm reading you correctly, you want to know the number of days within a specific date range that a keyword had 0 impressions, correct?

If I am reading you right (and it's not the answer Lakatos provided), then I'm sorry!  If I have got it right, I don't think there's any way to do this directly within the interface, but it can be done with a script.  I've just written one to do it!

Let me know exactly what you want and we'll go from there.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yeah, the query was a bit opaque....Robot LOL

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

>> you want to know the number of days within a specific date range that a keyword had 0 impressions, correct? <<

Jon, for that purpose you may want to set the date range in the top right corner, then go Dimensions/Day and go ahead with filtering as I described above. But why did the OP see the Keyword report instead Dim/Day?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry Lakatos, that simply doesn't work for me - or at least it doesn't report the sort of thing I think the OP is after.  If I'm reading it correctly, what they want is to see a report that says something like:

For the date period 1 Dec 2012 - 7 Dec 12

keyword1 - 3 days

keyword2 - 2 days

keyword3 - 6 days

and so on, where the figure is the number of days each keyword had in that period without impressions.

Of course, if that's not what they want...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Ah, now I see... perhaps that's what they want.... that would explain why the keyword report is mentioned... Robot LOL

(Well another question is why on earth would some one want to see that table.... additionally, it would normally be a data management problem which can easily be handled in excel after downloading to an .xlsx file. I don't think all excel functionalities should be integrated within the interface.)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

nice catch Maxroizer; looks like you cant get this data.

just tried to go to the keyword tab, segment: day, impression filter = 0

download csv... the file is empty... weird

also tried to download all applying the segment: day before download and couldn't find anything with impresison=0 in the report.

weird...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok Getting back at you guys,

While using "Keywords Tab" it would be nice to see a COLUMN for "Days with 0 impressions"

This purpose is to view keywords that had 0 activity for X days compared to today.

I want this because I want to delete inactive keywords with x-days of impressions and boost cpc of keywords with y days inactive and move to new adgroup keywords with 0 activity for z-days.

I would then be able to create new automation tools arround said keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
This is the report I want however there is no date range involved in the report

Keywords with 0 Impressions
{TODAY}
Keyword | Number of Days with 0 Impressions
keyword1 - 5
keyword2 - 9
keyword3 - 30
etc.