AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Reporting Discrepancies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On one of my client adwords accounts I am seeing a discrepancy in the reporting in adwords to analytics for conversions. Adwords is only reporting 9 conversions (form completions) and analytics is reporting 29. anyone know why these would be different?

Ambir Jarvis

Reporting Discrepancies

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Are you using imported analytics goals as conversions in AdWords? There can be up to a 72 hour delay in reporting. The standard conversion window for AdWords is only 30 days. The standard user timeout for analytics is 6 months. So, if these are returning users over 30 days, the AdWords UI won't report them.

This does relate to your other question about conversion counts as well. If you are comparing the converted clicks column to analytics, it could mean that 9 clicks resulted in 29 conversion/goal actions.

The first thing I would do is compare the total reported form submissions in analytics over the last 30 (or more) days to your internal form submission counts. If you have 100 confirmed submissions and analytics reports the same (+/- a few maybe), then you know the analytics reporting is accurate. Enable all your conversion columns, and see if any of those conversion counts match analytics for google/cpc over that time frame. If none of them do, then double check your conversion settings. Keep experimenting with your settings and comparing the two until you find a more accurate count over time (At least 72 hours after).

Tom