AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Reporting Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

Apologies for the basic questioning.  

I've just started implementing conversion tracking to see which of my ads, specifically keywords, are converting to leads/sales.  

What's the best way for me to view the results of this tracking?  I tried setting up a custom report, and ideally that would be best, but I couldn't work out how to do this.  

It would be great if I could have a list of all of my campaigns and their search terms, and which ones converted.  

Is this possible?  

Thanks so much.  

Re: Reporting Conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ryan T,

Welcome to the community!

Do your ads have a landing page and thank-you page? Try to put your tracking code on the thank you page, which means it would be recorded as conversion by Adwords only when your customer went that page. And you're all set.

Then you can review your account to see exactly which ads/keywords/ad group/campaign has leaded the conversion and you can do optimization accordingly.

Well if your business is more complicated (for example you have different kinds of leads conversion), then you need to be careful how the campaign and tracking code is placed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jason

Thanks mate! I've got all my tracking code in place and it's pulling data in nicely. Can I set up a report in GA that will show me straight away which keywords are converting?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ryan,

The adwords panel is definitely enough for your performance report.

While report is easy to get, it take lot more time to run test and analysis and that's the most interesting and challenging part. The market and customer are changing all the time so you need to be careful on those dynamics and try to figure out what the best keywords for you, which is the most efficient keywords, or the most productive, or cheapest one, etc.

Thanks,
Jason