AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Report to see keyword conflicts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So when we hover over the eligibility icon in the status column for a keyword, we can see the keyword from another campaign that prevents the current keyword from getting traffic. Is there a way to get an excel report of this?

I tried running a keyword diagnosis report under the Details tab, but that doesn't show the keywords that conflicts with my current keyword. It just shows the status.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Report to see keyword conflicts

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Use the ad preview tool! Then search for your keyword, and it will tell you what keyword is being triggered instead.

Or, try selecting the keyword in question, then use the search term report for that selected keyword, with the keyword column enabled.

You'll see exactly what has triggered your ad and clicks that way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ad Preview tool? You mean the keyword diagnosis tool? If so, I used that and it doesn't show the keywords from other campaigns that prevents the current keyword from appearing.

>>>Or, try selecting the keyword in question, then use the search term report for that selected keyword, with the keyword column enabled.
This is for search term queries report. Which isn't what I need.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dean,

First of all the keyword conflict is so called whenever there is any conflict between negative keyword and the keywords used in the account.
It there is any keyword in the negative and you are using the same keyword in your campaigns then only it will called a conflict.

Now coming to your point,
Two similar keywords within different adgroups/campaigns can compete each other but only with internal auction and the keyword with high QS and bid win the auction and triggers the ad.

There is no such impact of it in the auction taking place while considering the other competitors as well.
Though you can avoid this by using different match types and corresponding negatives.

Suppose you have used the below mention keywords in different adgroups/campaigns:

1) +cheap +singapore +tour
2) "cheap flights for Singapore tour"

Now, you can use flights as negative keyword in the adgroup/campaign which contains the keyword +cheap +singapore +tour to avoid any such issue.

Hope you got it.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’