AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Report on 'Landing Page Experience' scores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether there's a way you can get a report of your KWs and their relative Landing Page Experience scores (Below average, average, above average).

I have 100's of thousands of KWs so manually hovering over each one to see which need attention is not possible.

I'm suspecting the answer is probably no... but would love someone to have a method!

Thanks

David

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Report on 'Landing Page Experience' scores

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Ohhh...this is a neat idea; !!Smiley Surprised

I don't know about this  type  of a report available. ( I could be wrong, though...) However, if you are into programing, you might be able to create one using JavaScript;

Read More:

What is AdWords scripts?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm doing Java report on AdWords and this variable : Landing page experience does not exist in the Keyword Stats Smiley Sad

It will be a great idea to add this because, it's not possible, of what I know, to make a report to know, Expected CTR, Ad Relevance and Landing Page Experience.

God of AdWords, please hear me.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

there's a partial workaround to this issue:

go to the google keyword tool

(Tools and analysis->keyword tool)

in the "website" text box, enter the url of the page.

if google has crawled and indexed it(i think), you should see all the keywords that google thinks describe the page

for example, if you enter the url of a website selling toys, you should see keywords(not to be confused with the keywords you bid on in adwords) such as "toys", "kids toys", "toys for children" etc.

these keywords should roughly match with the keywords you are bidding on.

apart from that, you cam follow the google guidelines for a good landing page: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404197

and pray :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello mktgboltell, that's a good idea, but it's irrelevant for Landing page experience.

Your tip is more Keyword oriented, I want something Landing Page oriented.

But Anyway, thanks for what you have written, it's giving me ideas Smiley Wink

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

you're welcome.

actually, its got to be part of the algorithm that google uses to determine landing page experience.

it doesn't cover all the factors, but this is probably a major one.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi mktgboltell, I actually doubt that keywords within the copy of the web page are a major factor in the Landing Page Experience score.  If it were, anyone would be able to get a great score just by keyword stuffing.  To quote from the Help file on this metric:

"For example, is your landing page clear and useful to customers? Is your landing page related to your keyword and what customers are searching for? Is the page clearly organised and easy to navigate? All these factors can affect your landing page experience status."

There is an equal emphasis upon clarity, navigation and "usefulness" as there is upon keywords.  I'd wager page load time will also come into play.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

yes, of course. 

the other factors are there.

but keyword stuffing would not work, just as it doesn't work for SEO 

my guess is that the search relevance algorithm(the ones used to show results on the google results page) would be a part of the algo that determines landing page experience.

anything that works for SEO would work here, and anything that doesn't would not(like keyword stuffing).

essentially, i believe that optimizing the landing page experience for adwords and doing SEO for Google search are the same.

whatever you would do for one, is what you should do for the other.

that includes page load time and everything else you mentioned.

incidentally, here's a useful tool for page load times. it should be helpful for landing page experience: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Id just like to say that I'd also like a way to be able to javascript a report on 'landing page experience', would be SO useful!
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sadly "Experience on Landing page" is not accessible through AdWords script... only through the API. Which is kind of annoying. I wonder if there is any tool available which creates this report through the API. Anyone know of one?