AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Report bug - exporting campaign or ad group data. zero info

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello , 

I tried to export the overall campaign data ( click on "All online campaigns" ) , selected all campaigns ( under 20 ) and clicked the "download report button".

Besides the fact the the report has overall 0 data, it shows in the upper left corner the date for tomorrow Campaign report (May 28, 2013) . I didn't use any segment.

I also tried the "Ad group report" , same thing, blank data and the date for tomorrow.

Can anyone else confirm the same bug ?

report-export-error.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Report bug - exporting campaign or ad group data. zero info

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
make sure the date range is correct and showing data also sometimes data doesn't show correctly on the campaign overview for the same day

Hope that will help
Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"make sure the date range is correct"

Is there an incorrect usage of the data range ??

"sometimes data doesn't show correctly on the campaign overview for the same day"

If you run a campaign with thousands of clicks you do need reports no matter when, they are high volume.

Where in the documentation says that I shouldn't run a report for the same day because it "might be" inacurate.

AdWords is an expensive tool, it should work well and provide with solid results not "well sometimes we don't work", we will never explain why this or that does not work, just buy buy buy .

What if you were on a rollercoaster and your train slipped off the tracks because "sometimes tracks don't work correctly" in the same day when you ride the train ? Would you enjoy that ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Adrian when I am saying check these settings simply because its mentioned that sometimes data needs 24 hours to be accurate and accumulated, Ex Invalid clicks , search term reports, Impression share for the same day and so on, also maybe you are seeing data on the account when you are viewing the whole time but then you download the report for the same day and in this day you got 0 and I see the report is for May,28 2013 and the day wasn't even over yet

all I am saying is make sure the date range you select when downloading the report is the same as the one you set when viewing data on the account, also you could give it a few hours before generating the report for the same day

at the end I was only trying to help that is it

Maged Wassef

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the help.You are talking about something else. Real time data and the data in the online interface are not the same , I get that.

I am filtering a month of clicks , it's like the end of the month report. I find no reason why the report date can be in the future, this is for sure a software bug. The innacuracy and delays of data in the same day reffer to a difference from what you see on screen and what is happening in real-time. But if I see on screen 1000 clicks that is what the excel should contain also. Why would the report show another thing from what is available on screen in the online interface ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I feel what you are saying and anyway since all this upgrades they done many glitches in the system and every time you call you get its the system you can only wait
Maged Wassef

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.