AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Report Download - Why Does Campaign Order Change?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere. Basically I am downloading a report at campaign level showing around 20 different campaigns. However, when I download to excel, the order of the campaign changes. For e.g, on my screen I have, Campaign A then Campaign B, then Campaign C etc.

When I download it, it comes out as Campaign B, Campaign A, Campaign C etc. It never used to do this and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it to go back.

I've been keeping weekly reports on excel to compare performance and it's just easier if I can get the downloads in the same format as it avoids messing around with the data to manipulate it into the correct order needed.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hassan R
September 2015

Re: Report Download - Why Does Campaign Order Change?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hassan,

I think I understand what you want. Try modifying the campaign names. For example, for the first campaign ever created, simply add "AAA. " to the beginning of the first campaign name, "AAB" to the second, etc. In Excel, you can sort using the campaign name, and with the 3-letters added to the names, you will have your desired order preserved.

You can do something similar with numbers, but Excel will not sort them they way you would expect, for example in the names would be sorted ascending order as "1, 10, 11, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9" instead of as "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11."

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Hassan,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

You should be able to get the right order by sorting the same column name that's sorted in AdWords. For Eg: If you've sorted the data by clicks, do the same in the excel sheet as well. You should be able to get the same order that way.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for the welcome.

The issue is that in Adwords it is sorted by status. Adwords sorts all 'enabled' campaigns by oldest campaign to newest. So the first ever campaign comes at the top of the list etc. This is the order I would like on Excel.

However when I download it onto Excel, of course when I sort it by status on Excel, the list is already muddled up and Excel can only give be ascending/descending order of the muddled up list

Basically the ideal solution would be to download the data exactly as it is on screen on Adwords. I used to be able to do this but for some reason the order is muddled up now and I can't think of a solution to sort it by Excel

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hassan R
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hassan,

I think I understand what you want. Try modifying the campaign names. For example, for the first campaign ever created, simply add "AAA. " to the beginning of the first campaign name, "AAB" to the second, etc. In Excel, you can sort using the campaign name, and with the 3-letters added to the names, you will have your desired order preserved.

You can do something similar with numbers, but Excel will not sort them they way you would expect, for example in the names would be sorted ascending order as "1, 10, 11, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9" instead of as "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi George,

Thanks, that will definitely resolve it. I didn't think to change the campaign names.

Thanks for helping out guys