AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Replace text/email for adwords visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have set up adwords website call conversions so that any time a visitor comes from AdWords, a call tracking number is displayed instead of the default number. This helps track which calls where a result of our ads. I'd like to achieve something similar for displaying a different email address to those that click through from an ad. We already have a contact form, and can track conversions through this, but the owner wishes to keep an email address displayed on site too. At the moment if people email this we can't tell if they came from an ad or organic source. Showing a different email for those from ads would help achieve this.

This email would need to be displayed even if they navigated away from the contact page, then returned. Is there a plugin (Using Wordpress) or way to achieve this?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Replace text/email for adwords visitors?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This is a neat idea, but no "google tracking email" feature.
Having said that there are many ways to segment users using Google Analytics. Have you tried that?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

It is definitely possible to achieve. I couldn't find a plugin that does it, but one could be written.

Here's an explanation of what needs to be coded:
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Because this is similar to a technique used in Black Hat SEO - serving different content to Google Bots than to the public - you could could potentially be putting your organic rankings at risk if you implemented it.

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove a link which has the potential to put other members at risk. Please note that we discourage the posting of outside content in this Community, as it can not be verified for accuracy, validity, and user-safety. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Again, this feature is NOT supported by AdWords and I would avoid any practice or technique not commonly supported and accepted by Google. A violation of webmaster guidelines is ALSO a SEVERE violation of AdWords Policy, resulting in immediate suspension.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’