AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing deleted campaigns and ad groups from reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have deleted campaigns with ad groups that were deleted years ago clogging up my dashboard reporting.

How can I delete them / remove them from my stats / account permanently?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony4x4
September 2015

Re: Removing deleted campaigns and ad groups from reporting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

You can change the view in the UI to show you data only from active/enabled campaigns--the Campaigns, Keywords, and Ads tabs all have that option. When you run reports, similarly you can elect to pull data only from active/enabled campaigns.

As far as removing these from your account "permanently" that's not possible. The history of an AdWords account is based on all of the advertising that has been done in that account. Permanent deletions are not possible.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to change the view but I cant find how to do it. My deleted campaign still shows?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue.  Would like to have added functionality to remove deleted items instead of just making them inactive.  Otherwise there is no appreciable difference between paused and deleted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this still the case, old camapigns can't be removed? I have some old clients from 7 years ago and wanted to lose them but it sounds like it's not possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to change the view but I cant find how to do it. My deleted campaign still shows?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Directly under Campaigns, click the Drop Down that Says "All" and select "Enabled".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Theresa. The problem is that even when you do this, the totals from deleted campaigns (Clicks, Impressions etc) still show in the top level summary - where it says "Total - all campaigns" in the "Campaign" column. This is a really important summary line and it gets corrupted with the old data! Is there a fix for this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm having an issue with this. I copied a campaign because I needed something similar, but then noticed it had an irrelevant ad group in it. I can't just delete the ad group, it's only removed!

This campaign was never "live" so the "paper trail" reason for non-deletion doesn't fit.

There should be a way to remove campaigns/ad groups that had no impressions or weren't taken live.