AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing - view through conversion with de duplication

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

in the following scenario, what conversions would Adwords record?

the view through conversions are de duplicated.

someone clicked on a search ad and came to the website(they had never previously seen any display ad).

they went away without converting.

they were shown display ads as part of a remarketing campaign.

They came back and converted.

now, what kind(s) of conversions would be recorded? 

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing - view through conversion with de duplication

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Here is a great article about how view through conversions are tracked. I believe this should clear all your doubts. Refer to section called View-through conversion data. 

It basically says

The data you see in your reports can be affected by how you're tracking view-through conversions. Here's how, depending on whether or not the feature is enabled or disabled in your account:

• Disabled: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search campaign ad, we'll count one view-through conversion and one click conversion.
  • Enable: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search ad, we'll count only the last conversion type (the click conversion, for example).

I also believe this only works on Google Display Network and if believe impression assisted conversion in the search funnels is a better way of tracking this. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Here is a great article about how view through conversions are tracked. I believe this should clear all your doubts. Refer to section called View-through conversion data. 

It basically says

The data you see in your reports can be affected by how you're tracking view-through conversions. Here's how, depending on whether or not the feature is enabled or disabled in your account:

• Disabled: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search campaign ad, we'll count one view-through conversion and one click conversion.
  • Enable: If a customer views your display ad, doesn't click it, and then later clicks on a search ad, we'll count only the last conversion type (the click conversion, for example).

I also believe this only works on Google Display Network and if believe impression assisted conversion in the search funnels is a better way of tracking this. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand that.

I'm talking about the opposite scenario:

The click happened first. The customer came, and went away.

(S)He was shown a diplay ad(remarketng), and came back and converted.

Now, what is recorded? How is it recorded?