AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag not being recognised

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've added the remarketing tag a number of days (4-5) ago but it is still saying it hasn't detected it. How long should I have to wait?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing tag not being recognised

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lauren,

I've had my Google Analytics remarketing tags recognized overnight. You may want to try Tag Assistant for Chrome - it's an addon tool that will help you see which tags are firing on your site.

Are you receiving visitors to your site? I would definitely start troubleshooting your installation at this point.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Remarketing tag not being recognised

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Lauren,

I agree with Tommy here, you should get the Tag Assistant extension for Chrome and when you are on the page just activate the extension and then click on the 'Check this page Now' Option. See below screenshot for reference:

Tag Manager.png

Once the Tag manager has checked the page it should give you the list of tags that are present on that particular webpage. See Screenshot below for reference:

Tag Manager2.png

If there is any mistake in placing the code or if the code is missing any lines of code, the tag manager should give you the error and that should help you understand where you need to make changes to the code.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"