AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing tag for test account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there some sort of complete list of all the tags used to track users on your site? I know adworks has a tag, but I was wondering what all of the other variables you can measure with tags, and what the tags are code wise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Could you be a little more specific about what actions in particular you would like to track on your website? That will help us give you info more tailored to your goals.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Thank you for getting back to me. I was wondering what all of the possible actions there are to track. I know there is a way to track what pages a user goes to on your website in order to have ads pop up on other websites, but that the only tag I know of. I was wondering what others there were.

Thanks!

Amanda

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the additional info. You can use one AdWords (or Google Analytics) remarketing tag across your entire site, and then create custom remarketing lists to specify which users you want to show your remarketing ads too. For example, you could create a list of users who visited your site in the past 30 days and visited Page X, Page Y, and Page Z. Then you would add this list to a Display campaign set to target specific website placements you want to advertise on.

I've linked pages with specific instructions above. Let me know if this helps!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cassie,

Thanks. Are there any other tags that exist for any other purpose other than tracking who visits pages? 

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

You can use the same remarketing tag to build other custom lists based on customer behavior in addition to site visits (ex., a list for all users who converted, or all users who reached X page and then left the site).

If you're looking for something more specific, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭