AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing set up with Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is alright to set up remarketing from both Adwords and Analytics (add both the Adwords remarketing tag, AND the updated Analytics tracking code), will it create errors in traffic metrics?

Thanks

Lily

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Myriam B
September 2015

Re: Remarketing set up with Adwords and Analytics

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No, it will be fine to setup remarketing through both. It will not hamper any of your metrics.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Why would you use Adwords if Analytics Remarketing code is installed?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe,

On adwords your list builds faster. That might be the reason behind Myriam B action.

Siva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry I'm late, but thanks for your reply!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
@Myriam
Its okSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

I believe that RSLA is not available with the Analytics remarketing code - you'd need to add code for both to get all of the remarketing functionality.

I've read that having both can cause problems. The support docs don't mention this, but they often miss key information like this.

It would be great if someone who's tried this (or someone from Google who knows), could clarify.